Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Meet Eleanor.


Miss Eleanor,
You, my girl, are as cute as a button and as sweet as can be! You were born May 5, 2012. I was up all night the night previous with contractions 10 minutes apart. The morning of the 5th I woke up your Dad bright and early and told him "Get in the Shower. It's time to go." We dropped off Kaden with Grandma and Grandpa Welling at 6:30 am and headed over to American Fork Hospital where the nurse told me that my contractions would "probably fizzle out".  I knew she was wrong. I knew you were coming. So we walked around Target, I bought you some binki's and a pink baby bath. I would stop during contractions and breath. We went back to Grandma's and waited. Soon it was painful every 5 minutes, every 3 minutes, every 2 minutes and it really hurt! So I said to your Daddy "It's time to go." 
We drove to the hospital and got a new nurse (HOORAY!) who still didn't think I was in labor because I was only a 3+ (... I'll explain that when you get older.) :) But I cried because it hurt, and told her I would name you Annette (that was her name), or buy her a car, or sing her a song to get an epidural. She said that that Doctor Young said I had to wait. I told her "I hate Dr. Young." Which I didn't mean, except maybe a little bit. But I waited nonetheless. 
She came back and I was dilated to a 5. This was at 4 o'clock. Which means we had done a lot of waiting and crying and pacing and breathing. I walked into the delivery room and saw the temple. Annette gave us the best room on the floor. The one looking at the Timpanogas Temple. They got me all set up and gave me an epidural. They called Dr. Allen who would agreed to deliver you. They checked me and said surprisingly "Wow! you are at an 8. Daddy, why don't you go get some food? This will take a while." 
15 mins later Dr. Allen arrived checked me and said "You are full and complete. Let's break your water." We were all surprised, and I was happy I had an epidural. I called Daddy and said "Come right back. It's time to go." Daddy came back. They broke my water, and I pushed one time. You were born. 6:11 pm - 7 pounds 6 oz. 19 inches long. You were just perfect.
I was in love. I remember thinking you were so cute, and telling you that you were cute. You were sticking out your tongue. Your head was nice and round still, you were so sweet from the very beginning. We got to hold you and snuggle you while we staying in the delivery room. The sunset was orange and pink over the temple, I will always remember those feelings in that moment. You are such a blessing to us. 
Grandpa's and Grandma's came right away, Kohler and Welling. They loved you right away too. Kaden came to meet you that night. He sat in the bed with me, and wanted to get in your clear crib. The nurses brought him juice and cookies. He wasn't quite sure about you, but Daddy helped him hold you the very first time and he planted a kiss right on your forehead. He will tell me that you want more bottle, your 'mankies' (blankie), or your 'bink' when you cry. He wants to hold you almost everyday.  Life changed for him when you were born, but so far he's been nice to you and loved you every minute. He just takes his frustrations out on Dad and I. That's okay though, it's a hard adjustment. Someday I am guessing you will understand. 
Now you are 3 months old. We call you Ellie, Elle, ElleBelle, Nora, and Ella. You are smiling at me non-stop. You love to sit in the Bumbo, watch Kaden jump on the bed, and rides in the stroller. When you were a tiny baby you loved to sit in the kitchen sink with the water running on your belly. You still love the bath and loved swimming in the pool in San Diego. You started laughing during our family vacation last week. And now we all like to get you to giggle. You are a very good eater, never miss a meal. You are getting nice and round and smile when I call you a chub-chub. You are a delight.

I love you.

Mom






3 comments:

  1. Such a doll. Those nurses never know anything. Kate was delivered in that same temple room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I Googled Kohler shower head fell and hit my baby. I saw a pic of a little boy with a cut on his brow, clicked and it led me to this blog. If possible please contact me. I have questions for you. maytemogutz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I Googled Kohler shower head fell and hit my baby. I saw a pic of a little boy with a cut on his brow, clicked and it led me to this blog. If possible please contact me. I have questions for you. maytemogutz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete