Monday, December 12, 2011

Not to live in the past...

but let's catch up a little bit.



We left off in March -- Kaden turned 1. Hooray! Little did we know that we had few months left of babyness. We soon discovered a little toddler on our hands. We had a couple of crazy scares with Kaden. We spent some time and money on hospital stays and visits this past summer. 
First Kaden got a bacterial infection in his blood-stream and thanks to some great docters -- ended up recovering quite nicely. We were able to also start him on Asthma medication to help the little guy feel better regularly. 
This pic was in Primary Children's sitting in the rocking chair with Daddy watching the current favorite -- Little People - Things That Go. 
If you've ever seen it... you feel my pain. WE probably watched that 100 times becuase Kaden was quarantined to his room due to the nature of his infection and he also had RSV (in JUNE).
We so lovingly called that thing on his arm -- the club. 
He had to have it only because he kept pulling his IV out every single chance he got.

Around this same time we started building a house in Heber City. 
Rented out our Townehome to (seriously) the perfect renter. At least it seems that way considering all of the horror stories we have heard about becoming landlords.
WE moved in with my parents in Orem, August 1st. 
Oh... the joys of being home again.
While we were living with my parents and working on the Heber Hacienda (and only a few weeks out of the hospital I might add) - Ryan's Grandpa passed away quite suddenly and the same day Kaden was running and fell and hit his head on the corner of some cement. 





15 stitches and two (that is correct, two) ER visits later we were at the end of a really crummy day.
We had some trips planned this Summer to Lake Powell and New York which were both put on indefinite hold because of all of these unforeseen events. I was attending school "full-time" in the summer. 
Ryan was working at the Bank - got promoted to "Assistant Vice President of Business Banking". (I just like to tease him because that is his official title) or "Business Manager" or as we say Business Banker. Meanwhile he put in beautiful Tile, Electrical, Lighting, Wood Floors, Paint and a killer Master closet into the new house. Needless to say we had a craAazy summer.

In September we got another giant surprise -- 










This little bean is on it's way-- gender still to be determined. May 16th is my "official" due date. I took a pregnancy test (almost as a fluke) which was positive, and this babe was a BIG surprise. Although Ryan claims "he thought I might be pregnant". 
I continued to be very ill throughout my first trimester. Throwing up multiple times daily, which was not the case with Kaden. Every time I go to the doctor they tell me I'm 2 weeks less than I thought I was. I got some great medications the helped with the nausea and I'm now at 17.5 weeks (cross your fingers that doesn't change for lesser).
We have loved having it be just little Kader Baby around here, and once we wrapped our heads around the idea that our plans would be changing -- we are now very excited to welcome Baby #2 into our hearts and house. I can say that honestly, but also must acknowledge how frightened and anxious we are about how to handle two kids possibly both as crazy as Kaden. :) Life is an adventure I guess.


In October we moved back up to Heber into our completed House -- PICTURES to come soon -- and have been trying to settle in, unpack and make it home.




-- be back soon.


Amy

2 comments:

  1. CONgrats!!! That is super exciting and you are going to love having 2 around...might be hard for a bit, but trust me, when the 2nd is old enough, it will be so much easier around your house; Kaden will have a friend! :) Our summer has been just about as crazy but we are doing good now. Benji just had his 2nd surgery but they think everything is looking good now...we are looking forward to a calm 2012 (oh I shouldn't jinks myself!!!) We need to get together....if you have a free second, send me your # at the moment I am phoneless but can call on Benji's phone or put you in when I get my new one! Think of you often, love and miss ya! Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap clearly it has been way way way to long since we last spoke tons has changed congrats on the bundle of Girl on the way!!! That's guess anyways let's get together i would love to see this house!!

    ReplyDelete